WELCOME TO BOWHUNTMASS 1ST ANNUAL TURKEY CONTEST
First off, welcome to the thunder chicken thunder dome! Thank you for wanting to participate in our first annual turkey competition.
This is a BOW only competition!
We will still be posting and sharing all bow and gun harvest on our page like normal!
Men, Women and youths are all welcome. All Hunters are Required to be licensed hunters in Masssachusetts, and must be prepared to provide proof of such. This contest is limited to hunters in Massachusetts ONLY.
How It Works
Each hunter can only submit 1 (one) turkey BOW harvest into the "BowHuntMass 2023 Turkey Competition". This would result in 1 harvest for an individual. You can upgrade your first turkey if you get a larger one after you submitted your first one.
All turkeys MUST be harvested within the Competition Hunt Date Range posted (Spring only 2023 season including youth day)
All turkey harvests must be harvested in Massachusetts and with the use of BOW only. Following all legal, and within all Game Rules & Regs.
- Every Turkey Harvest must be accounted for via photo submission. The normal way you send in your photos via ( Instagram DM @bowhuntmass, Facebook DM @bowhuntmass, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IF YOU TAG US IN YOUR POST OR PHOTO WE WONT SEE IT!!!!!!! PLEASE DM OR EMAIL THEM IN LIKE NORMAL!!!
- All Hunters must each send in ONE photo of themselves with their harvest and THEIR BOW IN THE PHOTO, This is referred to as a “GRIP & GRIN Photo”.
- A clear photo of the completed license/tag on the turkey must be sent in as well. Photo must have the hunter’s name and the date harvested on the tag clearly visible. If you are documenting your harvest digitally you can send a screenshot of the completed Harvest.
- All harvested birds will be scored and based on Beard Length, Spur Length, and Overall Weight. Photos must be submitted which clearly identify these statistics. We recommend photographing your bird’s beard and spur lengths in comparison to a tape measure, and the overall weight from a hanging scale. Failure to document these statistics may result in a lower score.
- Pease include zone when submitting
Score/Point Values based on these statistics are listed below.
The following are the point ratios for bird statistics…
Weight: 1 point per pound; 2 points for every pound over 20
Spurs & Beards: 1 point per inch; double points for spurs over 1” & beards over 10”
Scoring Example: A turkey 22.2 lb = 24.4 points.
with two 1-inch spurs, 2-inches in spurs = 3 points
and a 11.5-inch beard =13 points
would be awarded - 40.4 points
“It’s Your First Turkey!” = 2 points
Hunter is a youth (17 years and younger) = 2 points
Filmed Hunt (intro/hunt/recovery) = 2 points
Only the “Kill Shot” Filmed = 1 point
1st Place - Badlands Turkey Vest and Bowhuntmass swag bag
2nd Place - Bowhuntmass swag bag
3rd Place - Bowhuntmass Hat and sticker pack
Additional CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS!!!
GIVEAWAY - Kill Shot Photo
If you send in your harvests' “Kill Shot Photo” and you are wearing any one of our Bowhuntmass Items, you will automatically be entered in this additional giveaway to win some awesome gear from us
CONTEST - Hunt Video
If you get your Turkey Harvest on film and send it in, you will automatically be entered in our Hunt Video contest, with the winner receiving some awesome gear from us. Your video may also be published on our social media pages.
This is a non money competition, free to join and participate
Failure to send in any of the required proofs for any of the competition scoring categories may result in a turkey harvest not being entered.
By participating in our Hunt Competition, you are giving Bowhuntmass the right to publish any submitted Kill Shot Photo or Hunt Video on Bowhutmass social media pages and website, while being credited to you.
Failure to abide by and adhere to any of the contest rules and regulations listed above may result in an Individual’s disqualification from the competition.
Bowhuntmass is not liable for any field mishaps, equipment malfunctions, or game violations experienced by competition participants.
This is all based on integrity, no cheatin'!!!